Course duration: 2 days.
Master the key concepts and skills of marketing to enhance your knowledge and confidence when taking part in the marketing decision-making process.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for anyone working in a marketing role or who is new to marketing who may not have had any formal training and wants to get to grips with marketing essentials. Also suitable for those who have worked in Marketing for a while and need a refresher on core marketing principles.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Develop knowledge of key marketing principles, tools and techniques.
- Discover the importance of product positioning.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with customers.
- Gain confidence in dealing with marketing issues.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing actions.
What will it cover?
Introduction to Marketing
- Identifying the role and scope of marketing
- The key marketing principles and terminology
- The different marketing techniques
- Overview of concepts:
- relationship marketing
Understand the Market and the Customer
- Using quantitative and qualitative market research
- Using market segmentation
- Creating the differential advantage
- Identifying your customers' needs and profiles
- Developing competitors' analysis
Understand the Marketing Mix: The Four Ps
- Identifying and developing new products
- Selecting and developing appropriate promotional activities
- Choosing the right price to generate sales and profits
- Maximising service and staff potential
Master Key Elements of Marketing Planning
- Analysing a product portfolio:
- new development
- Identifying market gaps and opportunities for positioning
- Choosing appropriate communication tools:
- sales promotion
- Understanding the impact of branding
- Working with sales channels
- Setting pricing policies
Monitor Results Effectively
- Analysing sales reports
- Identifying and interpreting key performance indicators
- Identifying trends and forecasts
- Setting new objectives and adjusting your policy
Further courses to consider
Strategic Marketing Planning
E-learning Package: Sales Skills for Success
Those who understand their customers better than their competitors and market effectively to those customers will achieve business success.
This course provides a grounding in the marketing concept and approach to business which will enable you to participate in the marketing of your organisation more effectively.
The programme builds the marketing picture in an interactive and engaging way which will leave you with a great overview of the discipline exploding myths and busting jargon along the way.
Recent delegates have said:
High quality material with a very knowledgeable facilitator.
This course has provided me with the relevant information and knowledge to develop my role.
Very experienced trainer.
Great facilitator and very valuable learning.
Friendly facilitator, great first impression, well organised and good course content.
Very enjoyable course, informative and useful.
The facilitator was incredibly engaging and related theories and strategies back to real situations and scenarios; this really helped the learning process.
The tutor was knowledgeable and backed everything up with examples and anecdotes. This made the course more interesting and relevant.
The tutor was very knowledgeable and able to give relevant examples from a large range of industries to support theories.
Kayleigh Buckingham, Late Rooms Ltd
The course was interactive and the content was tailored to our specific businesses which really helped my understanding. It was also an outstanding course among the best I have experienced.