Course duration: 2 days.
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is the study of human excellence. By applying the principles of NLP you can model yourself on talented people in order to replicate their success. This two-day course provides an introduction to the core skills and techniques of NLP.
This course will introduce and give participants an insight into the vast number of NLP tools and techniques they can employ to develop business relationships and successful teams, change unproductive behaviours and become even more confident, persuasive and influential within the workplace.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for anyone who wishes to take the first steps in learning about NLP and has a desire to produce even better results than they achieve at present. This course is particularly beneficial to supervisors and managers who wish to improve their success through others.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Employ the core NLP skills and techniques to build a cohesive team spirit.
- Establish instant rapport with everyone you interact with.
- Learn to create motivational outcomes and overcome barriers to success.
- Discover how to build and maintain your self-confidence in challenging situations.
- Equip yourself with techniques to create greater creativity and new ways to solve conflict and problems.
What will it cover?
Understanding NLP - 'The Science of Human Excellence'
- Learn what NLP is and how the tools and techniques can be employed
- Competency modelling - understand how top performers function and replicate their behaviours and thinking patterns
- Understand the foundation stones of NLP and the four core skills
Creating Rapport and Relationships
- Assess your own and your colleagues language patterns
- Use a variety of language patterns to motivate and influence
- Create instant rapport the three key techniques of 'mirroring'
- Master the skills that will let you build cooperative working relationships
Learning to Appreciate Personal Differences
- How to use 'following' and 'leading' skills to influence others
- Explore multiple descriptions of the world to give you more choice
- Discover how to appreciate your colleagues points of view
- Learn to lead people to shared solutions
- Create greater behavioural choice and options when dealing with others
Power in the Spoken Word
- Understand your language patterns and learn new ways to communicate
- Successfully re-organise your thinking by changing your language
- Learn to use precision questioning to elicit detailed information
- Employ language to empower others and learn how to use words to accelerate achievement
Create the Habit of Focusing on Motivational Outcomes
- Develop the habit of outcome thinking for dynamic results
- Creative goal setting
- Learn the steps to agreeing motivational outcomes for yourself and others
- Accelerate your teams success and sense of achievement
Build Confidence and Develop Positive Behaviours
- Create your own state of excellence in threatening situations
- Learn to change restrictive and unhelpful thoughts, habits and feelings into positive and empowering ones
- Discover exciting and fast ways to change your thinking patterns
- Core techniques for gaining and maintaining confidence and peak performance
A Framework for Leadership
- How do top performers achieve so much?
- Uncover the power in non-verbal communication to enhance confidence in others
- Positive leadership thinking and outcome thinking
- Model excellence replicate the behaviours of success
Techniques to Achieve Excellent Results with Individuals and Teams
- Creating creativity
- Practical ways to deal with challenging workplace conflict and problems
- Tools for problem exploration and resolution
- Establishing and maintaining engagement and motivation
- Formulating an action plan for your personal development
View a short video of Bev talking about this course.
Attendees to this course have a curiosity in the term Neuro Linguistic Programming and often want to know how build better relationships and increase in confidence.
Im a Master Practitioner of NLP and on the course I explain the history, tools and techniques of this fascinating world. I enjoy encouraging you to challenge and question as you take on this information. NLP is all about learning experientially, that is seeing hearing and feeling things and so I make sure that the majority of the course is given over to learning and practicing the techniques with my support.
I encourage discussions and reflection as to where and how you can use these techniques whether in your work or everyday life. The enjoyment of delivering this course is seeing peoples minds open, hearing how theyre going to apply the skills and be more flexible. They end the course but begin a journey of learning and moulding the techniques to their lives and making differences which improve their lives.
Along with Alex Phillips, Bev Holloway is part of the dedicated faculty team who will deliver this course.
View our trainers' profiles.
Francesca Evers, HR Executive
Food and Drink Federation
I really enjoyed this course, it gave me the chance to discuss issues and real-life scenarios with other delegates and I learnt some useful techniques for building rapport. We had a great trainer who was knowledgeable and passionate about the subject matter and who really brought it to life.