Course code: ISM1 - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 1 day.
This course is focused on the practical elements of strategic planning and decision making. The consultant will work with you to begin to develop your strategic mindset when planning and making decisions in your business.
Designed as an introduction for all managers and leaders who are new to strategic planning and decision making, this course will help you to develop the knowledge and skills required to take on a strategic role or management position by using practical tools to enable you to think and plan more strategically in the workplace.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for all professionals who are either new to a strategic role or aspiring to a position involving strategic management.
Should you require a more in-depth programme covering strategic management, you may wish to also consider our course titled 'Successful Management for Business Achievement'.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of strategy to an organisation.
- Link strategic planning and decision making with your business' overall objectives.
- Identify the different types and characteristics of strategy, including influencing factors.
- Demonstrate the application of strategic planning and decision making by completing a practical exercise/activity in the classroom.
To gain maximum benefit please bring examples of strategic planning and decision making you have already been involved in or will become involved in at a future time.
What will it cover?
Creating Strategic Management Thinking
- Setting and creating a clear direction for a dynamic business
- Creating competitive advantage for your business
Practical Strategic Analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of the external environment through the use of practical tools
- How to analyse business performance
- Putting a strategic framework in place
- How to identify opportunities and threats
Effective Strategy Formulation
- Examining what is corporate strategy, business unit strategy and functional strategy
- Developing strategy that fits with your business
- Creating strategic choice - building sustainable competitive advantage
- Practical activity/case study to enable you to apply this learning within the classroom
Evaluating your Strategic Plan
- Measuring the plan against stakeholder interests
- Keeping the plan flexible and adapting to changes in the business and external environment
- Developing and adapting to long-term objectives
Further courses to consider
Strategic Performance Measurement - using the Balanced Scorecard