Course code: CBA - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 1 day.
This intensive one-day course gives you an understanding of the critical business issues needed to support your role as a more commercially focused office professional.
This comprehensive one-day workshop focuses on commercial and business awareness skills that will enable the office professional to broaden their role and take on increased responsibilities from their managers.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for experienced PAs and office professionals looking to increase their business and commercial awareness in order to take on more managerial tasks confidently and enhance their contribution to the organisation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand commercial and business issues facing your organisation.
- Define the role and purpose of your organisation.
- Understand the issues and dilemmas now facing organisations at a strategic level.
- Recognise the key issues involved in change management.
- Remove the myths and fears about finance and understand the jargon that surrounds it.
What will it cover?
Understanding Your Organisation its Role and Purpose
- The role and purpose of organisations
- Organisational culture
- The power and influence of stakeholders
- The structure of organisations
Introduction to Strategy
- How strategy drives an organisation
- Analysing internal strengths and weaknesses
- Analysing external opportunities and threats
Making Sense of Finance
- The profitability of organisations
- Translating financial jargon into plain English
- Finance as a means of measuring performance and profitability
- A simple framework to enhance understanding of financial and managerial accounting
The Management of Change - Why Organisations Need to Change
- Defining the key elements of change. Levers for managing change
Further courses to consider
Making Sense of Finance - Essential Knowledge for Office Professionals
Management Skills for PAs and Senior Secretaries
It was an enjoyable course. The trainer was great and made the course content very easy to understand.
Kim Sanders, RCN Publishing Co Ltd