Course duration: 2 days.
This workshop will enable you to think differently about your day-to-day interactions, assess your own style and identify ways to develop new and highly effective approaches to build and manage more productive relationships. It will introduce you to the business benefits of understanding your own and others' Emotional Intelligence and using it to your advantage.
This workshop is designed to help you develop your self-awareness of how you come across to others. You will be challenged to be open and honest both in receiving feedback on others perception of you, and also in giving feedback to other members of the group. It will help you to project the image and impression you want to create in the workplace.
Is it right for me?
If youre looking to improve your interpersonal relationships and reflect on what you are currently achieving compared to what you want to achieve, this workshop will give you the environment, support and guidance to create your personal strategy for improvement.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Analyse your perception of yourself and how that correlates with that portrayed to others.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in interpersonal relationships and gain tips and techniques on how to build and develop them.
- Recognise different social styles in practice and how they affect the communication process.
- Understand why and how conflict arises and how to deal with it effectively.
- Recognise the impact of your response on the impression you have on others.
- Develop a strategy so you can personally apply the skills and techniques to your own situations, through peer coaching activities.
You will be required to complete an emotions log before attending the workshop and bring them with you on the first day of the workshop.
These tools will help you identify your strengths and personal development areas allowing you to address them with a tailored plan by the end of the workshop.
What will it cover?
Perception of Yourself and the Image Portrayed to Others
- Identifying the emotional footprint you want to leave with others
- Presenting your point of view - helping others shape and develop their ideas of you
Defining and using Emotional Intelligence
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EI)?
- Using and developing EI in the workplace
- The business benefits of using EI in the workplace
Your Strengths and Weaknesses and Tips and Techniques
- The dynamics of interpersonal relationships
- The essence of assertiveness and its value for you personally and in the workplace
- Adopting appropriate body language and voice tone to be consistent with the message you intend
Social Styles in Practice
- What are the different social styles and which is your comfort zone?
- How do you display this preference and how does that affect your communication with others?
- How to develop flexibility between the styles to build more effective relationships with all styles
Dealing with Conflict
- How to deal successfully with negative behaviour
- Understanding the need for conflict and how to use it to your advantage
- Handling personal attacks professionally and dealing with sensitive issues confidently
- Making positive changes in your interpersonal style to fit your personal strategy
- Developing your skills when giving and receiving feedback
- Practising active listening skills and effective questioning techniques
Further courses to consider
Senior Level Communication Skills Workshop
An Introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming
Awareness of how we are perceived is vital in a multi-cultural world.
My aim is to encourage and support delegates to appreciate how these perceptions can often be misinterpreted and lead to communication breakdown.
I create a safe environment for delegates to identify behavioural styles and habits which create other peoples impressions and how these impact interactions.
Well look at a number of 21st century standards and techniques, and reflecting back on individual experiences gain an understanding and action plan to move you from where you believe you are perceived to how you would like to be perceived.
Along with Malcolm Cauldren, Chris Norburn, Hannah Kirk, Nigel Amphlett and Phil McKew, George Baxter is part of the dedicated faculty team who will deliver this course.
View our trainers profiles.
Recent delegates have said:
"Excellent overall experience; met my training needs, good pace, energetic and enthusiastic instructor."
Indra Bhadhal, John Laing Integrated Services
The course and trainer are among the best I have experienced. I found the course to be very helpful in taking time out from work, to look at myself and what I can do to change things. The trainer was very welcoming and put delegates at ease and got everyone's participation. It was a challenging course but rewarding.