Course code: ETM - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 1 day.
This course helps to answer the age old question of Where does all my time go? It identifies how precious time is and gives you proven techniques to effectively protect and manage it.
Through practical exercises and examination of proven time management tools and techniques the course will give you the ability to plan and prioritise effectively.
This is a highly practical workshop which shows you how and where your time is lost and what impact that has on you and others.
Is it right for me?
This course is for busy people who want to be able to manage their time in the most effective way possible.
If you are a manager you will probably find our two-day 'Time Management for Managers' course more appropriate to your needs.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Regard time as a resource to be managed.
- Identify and focus on your objectives and key areas of responsibilities.
- Establish and overcome the causes of poor time management.
- Identify and deal with time stealers.
- Prioritise your tasks and the unexpected.
- Increase personal and team productivity to achieve a greater work/life balance.
Participants will need to identify what the key areas of work which they consider to be the most important to their role and the most urgent are, prior to attending the course (they may be one and the same or very different!).
What will it cover?
- What do we mean by time management?
- Being able to recognise what good and poor time management is
- Defining what you are expected to achieve in your role
- Linking your objectives to key result areas
- Identify your responsibilities and priorities
- Being able to set goals and objectives for yourself
- Choosing your long-term goals and how they can help your planning
- Defining your personal time stealers and how to deal with them
Planning and Prioritising
- Identifying key tips and techniques on how to prioritise your workload
- Using modern planning tools to optimum effect to develop proactive planning
- Controlling your emails
- Scheduling tools in Outlook
- Using your Blackberry/PDA
- Identifying how to balance your focus and energies when managing your time
- How to use the key criteria for prioritising
- Time management - practical application exercises
Making it Work
- Q & A session on other time management issues
- Practical exercise to review your time issues
- Creating a practical and personal action plan to implement back in the workplace
- Making a promise (using the network of participants to support you implementing your plan)
Further courses to consider
Dealing with Stress and Conflicting Needs
Improve Your Memory Skills
E-learning Package: Stress
Chris Hartfield, NFU
The trainer was among the best I have experienced, they were engaging & inspiring. I enjoyed the course.