Course code: JSB-ELA - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 1 day.
This course is delivered in partnership with JSB.
This highly practical approach to essential employment law and practice in China provides professionals who have, or expect to have, responsibility for staff in China with up to date, quality information on relevant Chinese employment law and practice.
This original 'Employment Law China' seminar, facilitated by Simmons and Simmons, will clarify the legislative framework and new legal developments in China. It will also address the practical aspects of managing a cross-cultural workforce, and provide an accurate understanding of critical Chinese employment issues to consider when setting up and maintaining operations in China.
Is it right for me?
Designed for HR directors and managers, employment law advisers, employee relations professionals and line managers who have, or expect to have, responsibility for staff in China
What will I learn?
- Summary of Chinese employment laws: core issues, developments and trends
- Clear explanations of the impact of local laws on employment practices, facilitated by practical application to workplace scenarios
- Practical employment contract drafting exercise
- Learn how to manage operations in China: attracting talent and successful expansion through mergers and acquisitions
- Network and share experiences with other HR professionals with responsibility for China
- Become equipped to advise colleagues on vital aspects of employment law issues in China
What will it cover?
An overview of the employment law framework in China
- Business operations in China: setting the scene
- Introduction to Chinese employment law
- Clarifying the legal framework for organisations operating in China
- Examining different types of employment
- New Labour Contract Law: an introduction
Hiring employees in China: employment contracts and service contracts
- Offering employment: impact of Employment Promotion Law and discriminatory practices
- Drafting terms of employment contracts
- Terms and conditions: duration, probationary periods, salary, sick pay and holidays, notice, termination, confidentiality and IP isssues
- Supplementing service company employment contracts
- Collective bargaining
- Local labour regulations and variances
Dispute resolution: grievances, disciplinary issues and dismissals
- Termination of employment
- Grounds for dismissal
- Disciplinary procedures
- Redundancies and reorganisations
- Labour Dispute Mediation and Arbitration Law
- Consultation procedures
Question & answer session
Employment of expatriates and foreigners: structuring employment contracts
- Globalisation of the Workforce Immigration and Expatriate Issues and Panel Discussion
- Movement of employees in and out of China
- Typical employment arrangements
- Work and residency permits
- Global tax efficient structures
- Individual tax planning
- Rules for employees from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
- Chinese immigration rules and regulations
- Issues for UK employers
Operating for success in a Chinese business environment case studies
- Day-to-day management: practical issues to consider
- Interacting with Chinese employees on shore or off-site
- Cultural differences in business practice
- Strategies for success