Course code: CSE-GCM - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 1 day.
Turn any piece of communication into powerful copy that creates interest, attention and generates passion.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for all those who have to write marketing copy for brochures, leaflets, emails, websites and social media sites. This course will develop your existing skill set and help you to become a more competent and confident writer. Design will also be considered along with the copy to achieve the communication power of combined words and pictures.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop copywriting and communication skills
- Structure and produce powerful brochures and leaflets
- Clarify your message
- Create strong messages to make maximum impact
- Avoid common copywriting mistakes
Bring along to the course examples of your copywriting.
What will it cover?
Introduction to Copywriting
- Understanding the psychology of copywriting
- Defining the material's objectives
- Identifying the target audience:
- needs and expectations
- What people expect from your copy
- What makes a good copywriter
Planning and Producing Marketing Literature
- Setting goals and workable deadlines
- Identifying the main difficulties and obstacles
- Briefing agencies and printers
- Managing costs
Writing the Copy
- Structuring the content
- Choosing style and words
- Adding creativity
- Making your piece more personal
- Creating interest
- Using the layout for maximum impact
- Avoiding common mistakes
Generating Action from your Copy
- Knowing the techniques
- Monitoring the returns
- Evaluating the success of the material
- Evaluating your mistakes or failures
- Identifying the areas for improvement
- Learning from practice and improving your method and style
Participants will be requested to write a marketing leaflet and can use this opportunity to reinforce their learning and apply the copywriting techniques learnt.
Further courses to consider
Laurena Di Bello, Corporate and Events Manager
The course content was varied an covered a great range of everyday challenges. I have truly learnt a lot in 1 day. Graham was excellent. He encouraged group participation and delivered with confidence and experience. A very enjoyable course.