Course code: ADCA - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 1 day.
The final course in the series of company accounts courses that provides you with practical knowledge of interpretive techniques such as ratio and trend analysis and risk assessment.
Topical issues and up-to-the minute examples bring alive this practical course. Building on knowledge of ratio and trend analysis, delegates consider some of the more technical issues and focus on analysing risk and how it is identified in the financial statements.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for delegates with a working knowledge of company accounts who want to develop their skill further. This is the third in the series of three company accounts courses and delegates are advised to attend 'Analysing Company Accounts' prior to this course, or to have attained that level of knowledge.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Undertake a more complex interpretation of company accounts by building on existing knowledge of ratio and trend analysis.
- Identify and assess both market and business risk using this knowledge.
- Understand the different considerations when choosing a method of funding and understand "cost of capital".
- Recognise techniques adopted in company accounts to disguise potential problems.
- Understand some of the non-financial sources of information available to assess company performance.
What will it cover?
Refresher on Financial Statements and Terminology
- Business and financial risk
- Consider different business sectors and identify the key financial features in each
- Recognise the typical problems with using company accounts
- Using accounts to assess risk
- Refresher on key ratios
- Types of shares and capital structure including debt funding
- Understand the warning signs of corporate poor health
- Drawing together the soft and financial information
- Why businesses fail
- Examples of creative accounting
Further courses to consider
Finance for Senior Managers and Directors
Assessing Credit Risk
If you need to identify and manage or mitigate risks in doing business this course will suit you perfectly! Risks come at businesses from many different angles; well help you take a step back and look at the business, the industry and market, and the wider economic environment in a holistic way that will help you predict and manage areas of business risk.
By the end of the day, youll not only feel confident in interpreting financial information, youll be able to predict what you expect to see before you even open the published accounts! Well look at some specific risk measures and well also look deeper and indifferent ways at some of the common measures applied to gain a greater depth of understanding than the usual basic analysis widely published.
Julie Powell, Sales Support Executive
ABN AMRO Commercial Finance PLC
"I'm sure this course will stand me in good stead preparing for future credit committees. I would certainly recommend anyone else within our organisation to attend."