Course code: CSE-MSM - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 2 days.
In organisations today different departments are working more closely together to achieve lean working practises to generate competitive advantage.
This course is designed for anyone who regularly deals with the marketing department and needs to understand the processes and philosophy of the marketing approach.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for anyone who has regular dealings with the marketing function and needs to understand the role that the marketing function has, and how this role interacts with your job function. This course will provide you with the insight needed to get the most out of the two departments.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:-
Understand the philosophy of marketing
- Define a customer led vs a product led company
- Relate to the impact of marketing activity on your department/function
- Use the marketing tools of analysis
- Evaluate the impact of marketing strategies
- Understand the marketing process and its contribution to business effectiveness
What will it cover?
The Marketing Process and Philosophy
- Marketing definition
- Customer led vs product led
- Whose job is marketing?
The Marketing Mix
- The original 4Ps of marketing
- The additional 3Ps of service marketing
- The interaction of the marketing mix with other departments
- Marketing plan structure
- Developing marketing objectives
- Integrating marketing plans with business plans
- Using the tools of analysis
- Interpreting the data
- Building a marketing information system
Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- The key criteria for segmenting markets
- Targeting the most appropriate markets
- Understanding the prime role of product positioning
- Setting the price and determining profit
- Some approaches to pricing strategy
- Understanding the issues of price and cost
- Determining the most appropriate distribution strategy
- Reading the distribution statistics
- Using ecommerce to meet customers needs
- Getting the message across to prospects and customers
- Choosing the right media
- Developing a brand image
- Measuring the marketing outcomes
- Setting up the means of measurement
- Feeding the results into future actions
- Undertaking a marketing audit
- Acting on the audit results
- Using the audit across the business
Further courses to consider
Strategic Marketing Planning
An Overview of Digital Marketing