Course code: MRE - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 5 days.
M_o_R (Management of Risk) is a robust framework for the management of risk at strategic, programme, project and operational perspectives. M_o_R was published in 2002 and refreshed in 2007 by the Cabinet Office to encourage public and private sector organisations to adopt a structured approach to managing threats and uncertainties across all aspects of their businesses.
In the light of the Turnbull Report, terrorism, financial irregularities and rapidly changing global conditions, the need to identify and manage risks is increasingly important.
This course is an in-depth study of the M_o_R method and includes the highly valued Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Is it right for me?
This course is suited to individuals whose work requires a controlled approach to managing risk. The course is likely to be particularly relevant to senior people responsible for areas such as business processes, security, premises and other areas of legal compliance and risk. Senior project and programme managers will also benefit. Delegates with practical experience of managing major change, using programmes or projects, will derive the greatest benefit from this course.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop joined up risk processes
- Handle risk at the right level
- Plan for fewer uncertainties
- Achieve better service delivery
- More effectively manage change
- Increase innovation
- Manage complex change better
- Meet audit requirements
- Master the M_o_R method
- Learn useful techniques
- Sit the M_o_R foundation and Practitioner exams
This is an intensive course and delegates are recommended to complete five to eight hours pre-course reading, to include the M_o_R manual. You will also have approximately 2 hours homework per night during the course.
What will it cover?
- The twelve principles
- The four-step risk process
- Approaches to risk at the four perspectives
- The eight areas of techniques
- The six appendices
- Extensive case study
- Discussion of your own environment
- Foundation and Practitioner exams
- The Cabinet Office M_o_R manual
Further courses to consider
Influencing and Persuading Project Stakeholders