Course code: CSE-MC - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 2 days.
This two-day course is designed for people who want to perfect or increase their knowledge of the communications mix. Dealing with both above and below the line, online and offline communications in addition to planning and measurement tools, this course offers a truly holistic view of marcomms.
Is it right for me?
Ideally suited to all those who are involved in the planning, development or implementation of the communications strategy. This includes above and below the line media, digital and paper based. It is particularly beneficial in giving the overview of the media landscape and identifying the benefits of and integrated approach to marketing communications.
What will I learn?
By the end of this practical course you will be able to:
- Understand the interaction of the communications mix.
- Know how the communications process works.
- Use the appropriate communications tools.
- Understanding the roles of online and offline media.
- Use above, below, through and on the line effectively.
- Get the best value from the communication spend.
- Campaign analytics and evaluation
Please bring along to the course examples of your company's communications.
What will it cover?
Undertaking a Marketing Communications Audit
- The key elements of the audit
- Reviewing the marketing communications plan from the key stakeholders point of view
- Stages in the development of the communications plan
- Sources of strategy
The Communications Process
- The communications mix
- Using digital and conventional media
Communications Development Framework
- A structure for planning and implementing marketing communications
- Media and creative choices
- Media neutral planning
- Understanding the changing media landscape
- Using social media, blogs and Twitter
Creative and Media Strategy
- Getting the creative strategy right
- Matching the medium and the message
- Creating the media campaign
Online vs offline communication
- The strengths of online and offline media
- Using the most appropriate medium
- Developing an integrated communication plan
The Importance of Brand
- Understanding brand equity and brand positioning
- The power of the brand
- Building brand loyalty
Integrated Marketing Communications
- The benefits of an integrated communications strategy above, below, through and on the line
Reviewing Creative Proposals
- Understanding what makes effective creative work
- Feeding back positively to creative people
Budget Setting and Control
- Managing the budget
- Setting the time scales and responsibilities
Communication Plan Evaluation Communications Audit
Further courses to consider
Kate Davis, Project Support Officer
"It was a well thought through and presented course. The trainer had great experience and was willing to share his knowledge. Both the course and the trainer are among the best I have experienced."