Course code: SAN-NND - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 30 days.
This course is provided in partnership with Santia Training who are licensed to deliver health and safety training on behalf of theNational Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
The NEBOSH National Diploma is a structured qualification to enable you to progress your career in health and safety and offers the academic requirements for chartered membership of IOSH.
It aims to provide the knowledge and understanding that underpins competent performance as a health and safety professional.
Is it right for me?
The National Diploma is designed for individuals who want to progress their career in health and safety and develop a more in-depth knowledge and skills aiming to become health and safety practitioners. Santia provides experienced tutors to guide and support you, online support with a password protected diploma website.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Be able to provide detailed advice for health and safety issues in line with current legislation and HSE guidance.
- Be able to assist the organisation in continual health and safety management and control measures.
- Have a broad range of detailed knowledge and the application of key health and safety issues.
What will it cover?
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
- A1 Principles of health and safety management
- A2 Loss causation and incident investigation
- A3 Measuring and reviewing health and safety performance
- A4 Identifying hazards, assessing and evaluating risk
- A5 Risk control
- A6 Organisational factors
- A7 Human factors
- A8 Principles of health and safety law
- A9 Criminal law
- A10 Civil law
Unit B: Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
- B1 Principles of toxicology and epidemiology
- B2 Hazardous substances and other chemicals - assessment of risk
- B3 Hazardous substances and other chemicals - engineering controls and personal protective equipment
- B4 Monitoring and measuring
- B5 Biological agents
- B6 Physical agents (1) - noise and vibration
- B7 Physical agents (2) - radiation
- B8 Psychological agents
- B9 Musculoskeletal risks and controls
- B10 Work environment risks and controls
- B11 Managing occupational health
Unit C: Workplace and Work Equipment
- C1 General workplace issues
- C2 Principles of fire and explosion
- C3 Workplace fire risk assessment
- C4 Storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
- C5 Work equipment (general)
- C6 Work equipment (workplace machinery)
- C7 Work equipment (mobile, lifting and access)
- C8 Electrical safety and Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- C9 Construction hazards and controls
- C10 Workplace transport and driving for work
- C11 Pressure system hazards and controls
Unit D: Application of Health and Safety Theory and Practice
Candidates are required to make a detailed review of the health and safety performance of a workplace or organisation and produce a justified action plan to improve performance. The expected length of the assignment is around 8,000 words.
The assessment consists of three 3-hour exams for Units A, B and C and a workplace-based assignment for Unit D.
All are set and marked by NEBOSH.