Course code: CSE-PRME - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 1 day.
Successful marketing and business development events have become pivotal, with the increased importance of relationship management in the marketing mix. They can be the moment when that relationship can be commenced, built upon or further enhanced.
This programme will give you all the tools required to ensure that your events produce an overwhelmingly positive response from your customers and prospects.
Is it right for me?
If you are involved in planning, developing or implementing marketing and business development events then this course is for you. Marketing and sales executives, PAs and those in PR will all benefit from learning this common sense approach to event management.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Plan effective events
- Understand the role of events in relationship management
- Use the toolbox of techniques to ensure success
- Brief third parties to produce the right materials/resources on time
- Be able to manage an event budget
- Consider all the health and safety implications of the event
- Measure the successful outcome of the event
What will it cover?
The Role of Events in the Communications Mix
- Conferences, seminars and events as communication tools
- Whos attending
- What have you got to tell them?
Planning Tools and Techniques
- Setting clear objectives
- Deciding on your process
The Importance of the Briefing Document when Involving Agencies
- What to include
- The briefing occasion
Setting Responsibilities, Actions and Timescales
- Allocating who does what
- Allowing time for each stage
Ingredients of a Successful Event
- What makes an event work?
- Thinking outside the box
Data Collection and Relationship Management
- Building and using your client/prospect contacts
- Using the information to build customer relationships
Pre-event Promotional Plan
- Checklist of the things which should be in place
- Briefing outside suppliers
Budget Control and Achieving a Return on Investment
- Measuring against the objectives
- A comparison on cost per contact/lead
Health and Safety Considerations
- Compliance with health and safety regulations
Measuring the Success of the Event
- Review and using the appropriate criteria for evaluation
Further courses to consider
Cara McCormack, Executive Assistant
The small group size was great. It gave delegates a chance to get really involved and contribute. Both the course and the trainer were outstanding.