Course duration: 7-8 days
This blended course combines classroom sessions with e-learning and tele-coaching to provide a complete understanding of the internationally recognised PMI® approach to project management and to help prepare you to sit the PMP® qualification.
The PMP qualification in project management by the Project Management Institute is internationally recognised. The course will take delegates through the stages of a project, using PMI processes and knowledge areas.
Many global organisations choose PMI as a means to achieve a worldwide Project Management standard with individuals accredited to a qualification recognised in most countries.
The course content is licensed from our partner STS - Sauter Training & Simulation SA, a leading provider of PMI accredited training.
Is it right for me?
The course is intended for people working in any industry and who are responsible for the management of projects. It is also designed for individuals wishing to become familiar with the PMIs approach to project management or intending to take the PMP qualification.
The examination is not included within the course. All delegates wishing to sit the PMP examination must register directly with the Project Management Institute.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will:
- Be prepared for the PMP examination
- Satisfy the 35 hour formal project management training requirement for future professional certification with the PMI.
- Understand and apply 'A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge' (PMBOK® Guide).
- Know when and how to use project management tools and techniques.
- Understand the inputs and outputs of the project processes.
- Understand how project processes and knowledge areas are interrelated.
- Understand the importance of the nine knowledge areas to the success of the project.
What will it cover?
Part 1: Two days of classroom learning (see start dates below)
- PMBOK® Guide and the Project Management framework
- Introduction to the knowledge areas and processes
- Development of the Process:
Part 2: E-learning (recommended 15 hours)
- Each delegate has access to interactive training software that enables you to build your knowledge of the PMBOK® Guide at your own time and pace.
Part 3: One day classroom learning
- The processes continued:
- Planning (continued)
Part 4: E-learning (recommended 15 hours)
- Continued exercises using the e-learning software including the X-AM PMP software enabling you to practise exam style questions and receive feedback on your answers
Part 5: One day classroom learning
- Tips and techniques for passing the PMP, including a four-hour mock examination
Typically taken over seven to eight days (four days in the classroom and 30 hours e-learning), the course covers the nine knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide. Tests and exercises will be held throughout the course to help you assess your learning and absorb knowledge.
The course includes manuals and the PMBOK® Guide material and access for four months to the PMBOK® Guide 4th edition e-learning software and X-AM PMP preparation software. The course also includes access to a tele-coach to support your remote learning.
Completion of the fully blended course will enable candidates to claim up to 65 contact hours / PDUs.
This course provides you with the 35 contact hours of project management education required to take the PMP examination for Project Management Professionals.
However, delegates wishing to take the exam must hold EITHER:
1. A High School Diploma or equivalent (e.g. A Level or any GCSE) and five years project management experience with a minimum 7,500 hours leading or directing project tasks.
2. A Bachelor's degree AND three years project management experience with a minimum of 4,500 hours leading or directing project tasks.