Course code: NSM - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 2 days.
This thought-provoking programme, led by a senior Hemsley Fraser consultant, will enable a productive and progressive transition to strategic leadership.
During this intensive two-day programme, you will analyse and deconstruct organisations and your personal working style to develop a fresh approach to leadership success. A senior leadership style diagnostic profile is used as one of the techniques to help construct a tailored leadership development plan during the course. This is coupled with group and individual feedback, challenging exercises and practical strategy tools that are ready to run in the workplace on your return.
Is it right for me?
This course will benefit those new to senior management, or who wish to expand and consolidate their skills in a senior role.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the differences between senior management and operational management.
- Adapt existing leadership skills into a more empowered and creative approach to leadership.
- Develop your ability to think in visionary terms.
- Understand the issues and dilemmas now facing organisations at a strategic level.
- Recognise the key principles of process management.
- Set objectives and manage performance in relation to the organisation as a whole.
You will complete a pre-course questionnaire before attendance to enable in the moment tailoring of course materials. Also there are short evening activities to complete between day one and two.
What will it cover?
Making the Change to Senior Management
- The challenges and opportunities facing new senior managers
- Taking the organisational perspective
- Changes in the business environment
- Your organisation and the business environment
- Your role in relation to your organisations objectives as a whole
- Working with and understanding the power and influence of stakeholders
- Dealing with uncertainty and complexity
- Working and influencing across the organisation
- Long term business planning - taking a longer term perspective
- Developing a broader outlook - changing mindset
- Adapting and developing new skills to manage process changes
- How to transform business processes for sustained competitive advantage
- Understanding the fundamental differences between radical transformation and continuous improvement
- The key principles and concepts of process transformation
- A strategic view of performance management
- Managing performance and setting objectives in relation to the organisation as a whole
- Managing other managers: the new skills this role demands
- Adapting existing leadership skills into a more empowered and creative approach to leadership
- Creating an effective people management strategy
- Directing versus managing people
- Acquiring or refreshing your coaching skills to bring out the best in others
Further courses to consider
An Introduction to Strategy
Business Risk Management Workshop
Strategic Performance Measurement using the Balanced Scorecard
John Hill, Head of Public Protection and Development
It was an extremely impressive and well facilitated course. I particularly valued push and pull discussions, leadership styles and working with delegates from such a varied work background. What set this course apart for me was the way exercises were delivered with such skill.