Course code: CMI1 - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 20 days.
Available only as a tailored in-company programme, this is a fully integrated and highly challenging middle management learning
solution, leading to an internationally recognised qualification.
Widely recognised as the UKs leading professional qualification for middle managers, this fully flexible modular award can be completed over 12-24 months, and provides candidates with a thorough grounding in advanced management theory and best practice.
You will also receive the added benefits of CMI student membership, including access to their comprehensive online library, invitations to key events, discounted books and their award-winning magazine.
The course is structured into eight distinct units mirroring the key competencies and skills required of today's manager. For organisations requiring a number of delegates to be trained, we offer a fully flexible approach to the delivery of these units. For further information please call us on 0845 071 2806.
Is it right for me?
This programme is designed for middle managers, or those senior managers who
want to consolidate their skills and experience by achieving the Diploma. Anybody
considering this qualification should be prepared to complete work-based assignments after each of the eight modules contained in this programme. At the end of the programme, participants will complete a work-based project (approx 4,000 words) on a mutually agreed business topic.
Participants will be required to complete a series of short, focused pre-work activities and questionnaires specific to each module, in addition to the post-module assignments.
What will it cover?
- Developing trust and support through a consultative
- Preventing and handling conflict in working relations with others
- Analysing and understanding non-financial resource planning
- Selecting and managing supplier relationships
- The importance of sound financial management and budgetary control
- Interpreting financial information and managing expenditure
Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs
- Identifying your key internal and external stakeholders
- Your legal obligations in promoting a healthy and safe workplace
- Quality standards and concepts TQM,
benchmarking, quality assurance and control
- How to successfully plan and implement change
Information Based Decision Making
- The importance of good information management and technological impact
- Methods of information storage, access, protection and retrieval
- The decision making process
- Preparing for and facilitating meetings
- How to set and agree clear performance objectives and work plans
- Reviewing and improving individual performance
- Understanding discipline and grievance guidelines and legislation
- Managing, supporting and assessing performance of a dispersed team
Managing Recruitment and Selection
- Legislative and organisational requirements applying to recruitment and selection processes
- The recruitment and selection process uncovered
- Examining candidate data and assessment options
- Making, justifying and communicating fair selection decisions
Personal Development as a Manager and Leader
- Understanding and applying the principles of team and individual motivation
- Assessing your teams learning and development styles and requirements
- Development methods and opportunities in the workplace
- Constructing a practical development plan
Human Resources Development
- Devising a human resouce plan to meet organisational objectives
- Assessing capabilities of staff to meet objectives
- Developing and agreeing personal development plans with individuals
- Initiating, reviewing and evaluating the plan