Course duration: 3 days.
Why not gain a professional qualification? ILM Level 2 Award is the UK's premier award for the new team leader or supervisor.
The course covers all the key skills and techniques you require to be a successful team leader. The training is practical and will give you a toolkit of resources to use in the workplace. The course also offers you the opportunity to work and discuss work issues with other team leaders.
Upon successful completion of the three-day programme, participants will be awarded the ILM Level 2 Award in Team Leading.
Is it right for me?
This programme is ideal if you are a new team leader or supervisor seeking a professional qualification.
Please note that one hour of evening work is required after day one and day two of this ILM course.
If you already have some experience as a team leader then you may wish to consider the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand your role as a team leader.
- Apply a range of effective communication skills to overcome barriers in a variety of workplace situations.
- Motivate your team to achieve business objectives by providing effective recognition and constructive feedback.
- Employ appropriate coaching techniques to build confidence, develop potential and avoid failure.
- Recognise workplace problems and their effect, identify causes, generate solutions and involve the team in implementing appropriate actions.
- Identify effective team behaviours and ways to build and encourage these in your team.
What will it cover?
- Contents of the programme and how the certification programme will be run
- How the assessment will be conducted
The Role of the Team Leader
- The various roles, functions and responsibilities of a team leader depending on the workplace
- Limits of authority and accountability and how these are defined
- The importance of respect and trust and how to establish and maintain these
- Range of leadership styles and their application in various situations
- Identify your areas of strength and possible improvement
Leading your Work Team
- The difference between management and leadership
- Assessing your leadership style
- Identify effective team behaviours
- The self-managed team
- Stages in the communication process
- Barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Different ways to communicate and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Planning and preparation for briefings
- Promoting and handling questions
- Reporting back to management
Motivating the Team
- Simple motivation models at work
- Blending personal objectives with organisational objectives
- Using rewards (behavioural) and positive feedback to optimise performance
- Ensure team members understand what is required of them
- Difference between coaching and training and when each is appropriate
- Coaching techniques to build confidence and ownership in the workplace
- Techniques for stretching individuals to fulfil their potential
- Methods to avoid and overcome failure
- Use of constructive feedback and techniques to promote positive attitude
Successful completion of the programme also entitles you to ILM membership. This is a huge benefit which can provide continued learning, networking opportunities and up-to-date information relevant for today's supervisors and managers.
FREE ILM STUDYING MEMBERSHIP PROVIDES......
- Electronic copy of the ILM magazine
- Online assessment of your team leading skills
- Career development services
- Use of the ILM's resource centre
Further courses to consider
Conducting Successful Appraisals & Reviews
Learners who attend this course are looking for some practical guidance in the fundamentals of running a team, in particular with reference to effective performance management of teams.
This course also has the added benefit of being accredited, meaning that you will gain an internationally recognised qualification that can be used as a basis to build upon throughout professional career.
I am the ILM representative for Hemsley Fraser meaning that I can provide support and development for the assessments required on this course.
My experience in running teams in the past has included running training and development teams within large blue chip organisations as well as leading numerous teams within a call centre environment. I use this combined experience to make sure that the learners who attend this course get as much from the programme as possible.
Along with Phil McKew, Alison Cowper, Leah Hunter and Matt Plant, Hannah Kirk is part of the dedicated faculty team who will deliver this course.
View our trainers' profiles.
Mona Birnbaum, Project Manager
This is the best course I've ever attended. So much content, so many exercises, so much feedback. I never had the feeling we were rushed or had no time. The discussions, hints and shared experience were particularly helpful.