Course code: UMA - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 2 days.
This two-day overview for Managers covers all areas of mergers and acquisitions from initial planning, valuation and due diligence to post-acquisition integration. It allows you to evaluate potential acquisition targets simply, to make proposals to your M&A team.
It will give you a core understanding of the process and enable you to put together acquisition proposals for consideration by your board.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for all managers with a responsibility to identify potential acquisition targets, this programme will help you to better evaluate targets, identifying the key issues and prepare acquisition proposals.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify suitable acquisition targets.
- Evaluate financial performance of targets.
- Value businesses.
- Identify and value synergies using modelling techniques.
- Understand the due diligence process.
- Understand the key issues for post-acquisition integration.
- Ensure that your acquisitions provide a return.
What will it cover?
- Identifying key gaps in the corporate strategy requiring acquisition
- Reviewing the competition to find a suitable fit
- Evaluating the financial performance of acquisition targets
- Use modelling techniques to forecast post-acquisition cash flow
- Value synergies, valuing specific variables for the negotiation
- Understand the due diligence process
- Identify key areas of risk
- Integrating processes
- Managing cultural issues
- Keeping your new key staff
- Formulating an action plan
Further courses to consider
Advanced Finance for Senior Managers and Directors