Course code: GK-VMIC3 - call 0845 071 2801
Course duration: 4 days.
This deep hands-on training course explores VMware Infrastructure 3, which consists of VMware ESX Server and VMware VirtualCenter.
VMware Infrastructure 3: Install and Configure is a prerequisite to taking the certification exam and becoming a VMware Certified Professional.
This course is run in partnership with Global Knowledge.
Is it right for me?
This course is aimed at: System administrators, systems engineers, operators responsible for ESX Server and/or VirtualCenter.
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Server Installation & Configuration
- Virtual Infrastructure Resources
- Virtual Center Installation and Configuration
- Virtual machines: Creating and Managing
- Monitoring the Virtual Infrastructure
- Data Protection
What will it cover?
Module 1: Virtual Infrastructure Overview
- VMware products: functions and applications
Module 2: ESX Server Installation
Module 3: Networking
- Configuration of virtual switches, network connections and port groups
Module 4: Storage
- Storage management technologies
Module 5: VirtualCenter Installation
- Set-up of VirtualCenter Module 6: Creation and Management of VMs
- Use of templates
- Cold and Hot (VMotion) migrations
- Manage using VMware VirtualCenter and Web Access
Module 7: Resource Management
- Setting VM priorities on CPU, memory, and other resources
Module 8: Virtual Machine Access Control
- Controlling administrator rights
Module 9: Monitoring Your Environment
- Workload assessment
- Service Console monitoring
Module 10: Data and Availability Protection
- Clustering, backups, failover Module 11: Troubleshooting
- System architecture
- Systematic isolation of problems
- Common symptoms, faults, fixes