Course code: VSN - call 0845 071 2801
Are you saying yes when you should be saying no? When you say no do people ignore it and you find yourself with the task anyway? Do people think you are joking or even get upset or defensive when you say no?
Yes? Then this session is for you. Discover the benefits to saying no effectively and of course how to say no effectively with a range of ideas giving you the best chance of people accepting your decisions.
Using a variety of highly interactive activities, participants will assess their current reactions to saying no and identify their fears, investigate their options using the 4D approach, and discover the formula to be a HERO.
The session ends with specific opportunities to practice these skills and apply them in work situations.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Ask questions to help clarify a work request.
- Assess the work request against current goals and priorities.
- Consider the situation and recommend a solution that is consistent with current goals and priorities.
- When appropriate, decline the request in a manner that maintains trust and preserves the relationship.
- Evaluate and focus on priorities in a way that positively supports change within the organisation.
Wherever you are located, it's easy to join one of our short 60-90 minute online training sessions. Conducted by expert trainers using a best of breed on-line collaboration tool, this is a very convenient way of getting a short burst of training. These online espresso sessions are available as open instructor-led sessions, offered online via webinar-style technology.