Coaching is a proven method to unleash talent and improve effectiveness in changing business environments. This course will provide you with additional tools, techniques and strategies to develop your existing coaching capability and increase your confidence as a coach.
The workshop will introduce you to some important concepts about how people learn and what drives individuals to make the changes they need, applying these in a practical way to your coaching practice. You will look at how filters and limiting beliefs distort our view of the world, and how to use more precise questioning techniques to break down barriers to change. You will also have the opportunity to explore body language and nonverbal cues – your own and your coachee’s – and how to use matching and pacing to build and maintain greater rapport. Finally, you will learn how to use coaching techniques as a ‘quick fix’ to provide instant development opportunities in the flow of work.
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to expand and develop their existing coaching skills.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use day-to-day work activities as an opportunity to coach
- Analyse nonverbal signals and adapt your own to increase rapport
- Inspire your learner by agreeing on motivational coaching outcomes
- Detect progress limiting beliefs and barriers and coach to overcome them
- Use more precise questioning techniques to promote critical thinking
- Understanding how adults learn and what motivates people to change
- Coaching ‘in the moment’ as a quick fix development tool
- How beliefs and personality shape learning styles and development
- Understanding nonverbal signals and interpreting body language more effectively
- Building further rapport through your body language
- Gaining a better understanding of the individual’s point of view by developing your empathy
- Reframing and questioning to challenge limiting beliefs
- Applying the precision model of questioning and the seven essential questions