Are you ready for fully immersive experiential training to sharpen how you influence those around you? Do you want to learn more about how others may experience you and how this can impact your persuasiveness, credibility and influence?
This course is designed to build on your foundation for influencing and persuading. It is aimed at managers and leaders who want to delve deeper into the art of influencing and the ways to maximise your persuasive efforts.
Designed for experienced managers and leaders who want to take influencing and persuading skills to the next level and examine their personal styles and approach.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand your own predominant influencing style and know when to adapt it.
- Appreciate the principles underpinning successful influencing strategies.
- Understand the importance of power in influencing and the psychology of influence.
- Use an influencing structure flexibly to guide meetings with stakeholders and external clients.
- Understand how to use influencing and persuading strategies at all levels.
- Appreciate the value of personal power and positional power.
- Know the impact of your approach across internal and external functional boundaries.
- Understand the mind sets that you consciously and unconsciously carry that both help and hinder your ability to influence and persuade others.
To gain the maximum benefit from the course, you will be sent a pre-course questionnaire to complete which asks you to consider current expectations. This will help you set the context of the course and the information you provide will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
The Push and Pull of Influencing and Persuading
- Push and pull in your work environment and its impact on your capacity to influence
- Self assessment of influence and persuasion in your work based relationships
Creating an Influencing and Persuading Strategy
- Following a practical structure to achieve effective influencing and persuading skills
- Understanding how to use personal power or positional power to your advantage
- How to create an influencing and persuading strategy that works over time
Fixed and Growth Mindsets in Relation to Persuasion and Influencing
- What is a fixed and growth mindset?
- Identifying your own and others mindsets
- Working with mindsets
Achieving the Required Commitment
- Being aware of your own predominant influencing style and its limitations
- Recognising other people’s style and behaviour and how to respond
- Understanding how and when you may need to adapt your own style and approach
- Dealing with the decision ‘nucleus’ and the importance of relationship mapping
- The challenges of attempting to influence and persuade people more senior to you
Cross Functional Influencing and Persuading
- Understanding the special issues involved in influencing & persuading across functional boundaries
- Choosing the right style and approach when dealing with cross-functional boundaries
- Action planning – the essential next steps
- Continuous Professional Development – what next?
- Your personal work-based mindset challenge