Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) is the new training course and qualification certified and accredited by the APMG. AgilePM can be used on any type of project and of any size.
It is based upon the tried and tested principles of DSDM Atern and was developed to work alongside more traditional approaches such as PRINCE2. AgilePM provides a full project management framework that includes roles and responsibilities and a full project lifecycle.
The course is equally divided between the theory of the new wave of agile project management and the practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved. Delegates will receive a copy of the Agile Project Management handbook and will sit the Foundation and Practitioner exams during the course.
Successful candidates get a year’s free membership to the Agile Business Consortium.
This course is delivered by agileKRC who are a leading APMG accredited training organisation.
The course is aimed at project managers who are either adding to their knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2 or who are operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations.
This course is not aimed at delegates new to project management.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Have a practical understanding of Agile Project Management (AgilePM®).
- Become immediately productive as a project manager in an agile project environment.
- Understand the difference between simple lightweight agile approaches which typically operate at the solution delivery (or ‘work package’) level and the greater holistic view of how multiple work streams are co-ordinated with the appropriate level of governance and control.
- Prepare for and sit the Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Overview of AgilePM Approach
- The fundamentals and the philosophy
- The principles
Setting up an AgilePM Project
- The lifecycle and products
- Team structures
- Roles and responsibilities
Delivering an AgilePM Project
- MoSCoW prioritisation technique and timeboxing
- Lifecycle configuration
- Estimation and measurement
- Quality and maintainability
- Planning, control and risk
- Implementing Agile project management
AgilePM Foundation Exam at the end of day 3
AgilePM Practitioner Exam preparation and exam on day 4