This virtually delivered course will provide learners with a broad understanding of the principles of effective project management. It is aligned to the APM Body of Knowledge 7th edition and is designed to enable learners to successfully attain the industry recognised APM Fundamentals Qualification.
Before the course, learners are provided with the official APM PFQ study guide along with a recommended reading list to prepare themselves fully. The course itself is delivered over two days using Adobe Connect, the industry-leading virtual learning platform. The course is divided into 4 x 2.5-hour sessions across the two days. The sessions are interactive and involve immersive activities, helping learners to not only prepare for their exam but also see how project management tools and techniques can be applied back in the workplace.
On day 3, learners will sit the APM Fundamentals exam using the APM’s online exam platform. The exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions and lasts for 60 minutes.
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) is a basic or entry-level qualification and is particularly suitable for:
- Those wishing to gain a broad understanding of the principles of the profession. No prior knowledge or experience is required for this qualification, which will offer the individual the knowledge to make a positive contribution to any project.
- Project team members with no project management training who would like to understand standard project management terminology and who wish to obtain the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ).
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the project management processes.
- Understand project management terminology.
- Correctly identify the roles involved in project management.
- Describe project success criteria and benefits.
- Support and contribute to a successful project outcome.
- Prepare project documentation.
- Have acquired the level of understanding needed to pass the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) examination.
There is a significant amount of pre-course work for this course which includes reading the Course Work Book (provided). The amount of time for this will depend on your experience and learning style.
Our advice is to do as much pre-work as possible (between 10 and 15 hours of study time), to give you the best chance of success. We also advise that you focus on the definitions so that you are prepared to answer questions on these which are usually worded: "Which of the following best describes...?"
All of the required information will be sent out prior to the course and it is essential that delegates complete this pre-course activity.
Delegates will also need to visit our web-based Learner Portal to complete their course and exam registration. Please note that this course requires some structured self-study during the course to cover the material contained within the exam.
The course is aligned to the APM Project Management Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) and therefore covers the following topic areas:
- Project management and the operating environment
- Project lifecycles
- Roles and responsibilities in project teams
- Project planning
- Business case
- Resource management
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Risk and issue management
- Quality management
- Leadership and teamwork
This course is a series of virtual instructor-led sessions as follows:
4 x 2½ hours over two consecutive days:
10:00 – 12:30 / 13:30 – 16:00
Exam on 3rd day will be booked for the morning