All projects contain risks and the effective management of risk can have a significant impact on the success of projects.
This course is focused on enabling delegates to achieve a Level One Certificate and is designed to determine an individual’s knowledge of project risk management. Obtaining the Level One Certificate is sufficient for an individual to contribute effectively towards the formal process of project risk management.
Risk management is a distinct and specific area within the Association for Project Management (APM)’s Body of Knowledge and a key control function within any project or programme.
To attend this course, delegates will, have a minimum of six months’ practical project experience and good basic risk management skills and knowledge. Ideally, they will have achieved the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification or PFQ.
The level one certificate is designed for anyone who wants a greater understanding of project risk management at a foundation level. Successful completion of the qualification will allow individuals to contribute to the formal process of project risk management and proceed to gain the APM level two qualification.
The exam lasts one hour and you must answer 60 multiple choice questions.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and explain the principles of project risk management.
- Identify risks using appropriate techniques.
- Document clear risk descriptions.
- Effectively assess risks qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Consider and plan appropriate risk responses.
- Understand the effects of individual behaviours on the management of risk.
- Understand the effects of group behaviours on the management of risk.
- Sit the APM Risk level one exam.
- Overview and objectives.
- Fundamentals of project risk management.
- Benefits of risk management.
- The PRAM process.
- Analysis (qualitative and quantitative).
- Response planning.
- Response implementation.
- Organisation and control.
- Risk attitudes and behaviours.
- Individual biases.
- Group biases.
- APM Risk Level one examination.