The Praxis Framework™ is a combination of four types of best practice guidance; Knowledge, Method, Competency and Capability and is the first framework to integrate projects, programmes and portfolios in a single guide. This framework will enable you to fully optimise all aspects of project, programme and portfolio delivery with the free, community driven Praxis Framework.
By covering the full breadth of guidance needed for effective project management within a single framework – Praxis is the most efficient means of delivering projects and programmes. The Praxis Framework Certifications will demonstrate that you understand and can apply the framework to projects and programmes – ensuring they achieve optimal results.
Included in the price of this course is a copy of the APM Praxis Framework Manual and the Praxis Framework Foundation examination fee.
The content covered in this course is highly applicable to individuals who operate within a P3M (Projects, Programmes, and Portfolios) Managerial environment. Also for those within the following roles would benefit from this accreditation:
- Practising project or programme managers.
- Project or programme team members wishing to become managers.
- Individuals interested in a career in project or programme management.
- Individuals pursuing the Praxis Framework Practitioner certificate.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand the key principles and terminology within the Project Planning & Control guidance.
Specifically the candidate should understand:
- Characteristics and context of a project and a programme and the benefits of effective project and programme management.
- Purpose of the Praxis Framework, the project and programme roles, documents and functions, and their use in the Praxis process models.
- Goals and activities within the Praxis Frameworks process models and how they interface.
- Importance and goals of interpersonal skills in the project and programme environment, and their recognised models.
Delegates will be provided with a copy of the APM Praxis Framework Manual. Delegates must bring this book with them to the course. This text is the basis for the course, it is advised that delegates will have read this book and be familiar with its content before they arrive.
The Praxis Foundation-level qualification aims to equip the candidate with an understanding of project and programme functions and the processes and documentation used to manage lifecycle phases. The Foundation level knowledge enables you to work effectively as part of any project or programme management team. It is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
The Praxis Framework
- Praxis Framework™ Overview
- Defining Projects, Programmes, and Portfolios
- The Process Model
- Praxis & DSDM Agile
- P3M Maturity and Capability
- Relationships with other P3M approaches
- Project and Programme Processes
- Portfolio Processes
Integrative Management Functions
- Organisation Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Business Case
- Information Management
- Requirements Management
- Scope Management
- Change Management
- Schedule Management
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Resource Management
- Conflict Management
- Team Building
Praxis Framework Foundation Examination
Key exam information:
- 75 simple multiple-choice questions
- 60 minutes (1 Hour) in duration
- Closed book
- 50% pass mark (38 marks out of 75)
There are no prerequisites for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in a project or programme environment prior to their attendance.
Please be advised that additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities each evening. The evening work is aimed at helping effective preparation for the examination.