The human mind is astonishingly powerful. The way we think has a direct impact on the outcomes we achieve in all situations, both in our professional and personal lives.
This course will focus on how we can harness the power of our minds to achieve the results we are looking for, to build successful and productive relationships, and to communicate and influence even more effectively.
Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is the study of human excellence – and over the course of the two days we will cover a number of practical and effective NLP tools and techniques which will enable participants to become even more successful, persuasive and influential in the workplace and beyond. We will also explore the structure and function of the human brain, and the links between NLP and research in the field of neuroscience.
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in personal development, in particular how to develop more productive behaviour patterns, communicate more effectively with a wide range of people, and achieve more positive outcomes in all aspects of their lives. This course will also be of benefit to supervisors and managers who wish to improve their success through others.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic structure and functions of the human brain
- Apply some simple tools and techniques to harness the power of the mind
- Appreciate the fundamentals of NLP and the links with neuroscience
- Read and understand people - including yourself - more effectively
- Build an appropriate level of rapport with everyone you meet
- Develop your ability to communicate with and influence others, and uncover new ways to resolve conflict and problems
- Manage your own state effectively and maintain self-confidence when required
- Learn to create motivational outcomes and overcome barriers to success
- Use a simple yet powerful technique to develop your creativity
- Structure and function of the brain
- The power of the unconscious mind and how to access this
- Brainwaves and states of consciousness
- What is NLP and the links to neuroscience?
- The four foundation stones of NLP
- Models of the world – including beliefs and values
- Presuppositions of NLP
- The link between thoughts, emotions and behaviour
- Reading people more effectively
- Rapport – how to build an appropriate level of rapport with a wide variety of people
- Exploring different perspectives to develop behavioural choice and flexibility
- Influence – using the match, pace and lead framework
- The power of “habit”
- The effect of our physiology on mental state and long-term wellbeing
- State management techniques
- Anchoring – the power and science of the conditioned reflex
- The difference between “problem state” and “outcome state”
- The power of positive thinking
- The NLP well-formed outcome framework
- Techniques for overcoming barriers to success
- How we filter information – both sending and receiving
- Using these filters for precision in communication when required
- Our unconscious preferences – the keys to motivation and influence
Strategies for Creativity
- Disney’s creative strategy