The programme explores the relationship between resilience and sustainable team performance, looking at the personal resilience of the leader as a role-model and how this directly influences team behaviours. It explores the extent to which your managers and team will follow you in embracing new ways of thinking and behaving, in turn building their own resilience.
As a leader you are challenged to driving for consistent performance while finding ways to embrace new ways of thinking and behaving. By effectively understanding the challenges this involves; managing your personal resilience and acting as a role model you will influence your team’s culture and the extent to which your team members will follow you and deliver a sustainable performance.
Suitable for managers and leaders in business, this course looks at the personal resilience of the leader as a role-model and how this directly influences team behaviours and in turn how they can boost their own resilience.
By the end of this programme you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of resilience and its impact on sustainable performance in the workplace
- Assess your current resilience profile
- Recognise what happens in the brain and body in response to uncertainty
- Understand how resilience role modelling can impact your team
- Adopt a number of key techniques to help you (and those you lead)
In the workshop, we will look at how your personal resilience, and the way you role model it, directly influence the extent to which your reporting managers and team members will follow you in embracing new ways of thinking and behaving.
Please complete the pre-course activities before you attend the workshop, and use this document to record your thoughts and bring it with you.
Introduction to Resilience
- What is resilience? What is resistance?
- Pressure and stress
- Energy boosts and drains
- Recharge and recovery
Exploring Resilience in the Workplace
- Physical habits that drain or recharge energy
- Increasing emotional resilience - exploring your personal profile
- Focussing mental energy
- Resilience disciplines that can help you and your team members
- Consider human reactions and remedies – getting a deeper understanding
Increasing Resilience and Performance in the Workplace
- Identifying your values and direction in life
- Defining mission and purpose
- Rituals and action planning