This virtual course will provide you with the tools and models to help you increase your confidence and your presence at work and at home.
In a safe, supportive and interactive environment, you will have the opportunity to experiment with different tools and techniques that you can incorporate into your life to help you feel more confident, positive, optimistic and resilient. You will practise assertive communication techniques that will improve your presence and influence in situations where you might not feel confident, and will learn to emphasise and make the most of your strengths – rather than focusing on what you perceive as your weaknesses.
At the end of the course you will create your own personal development plan, which will identify the key elements you want to change and the best way you can set about changing them for the long-term.
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to grow their confidence, self-esteem and presence in both the workplace and their personal life.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Focus on your personal strengths, rather than your perceived weaknesses
- Use positive psychology to become more optimistic and resilient
- Choose from a range of confidence-boosting techniques and include their practice in your daily life
- Convey a confident, positive presence by using appropriate body language
- Use tools to help manage your emotional state, stay positive and deal with uncertainty
- Communicate more assertively in a range of workplace situations
- Ten techniques for improving your confidence
- Practical tools for managing emotional state and remaining positive
- Knowing what your blockers are that stand in the way of you being more confident
- Evaluating and maximising your top strengths
- Understanding why sometimes you choose to lack confidence
- What to do when you feel you are lacking confidence
- How to assertively stand up for yourself and your beliefs
- Practising assertiveness in challenging situations
- How to fake confidence even when you don’t feel it
- Developing your confidence for the long-term through your personal action plan
- Supporting confidence through body language, tone, words and appearance