The change management qualifications will equip you with the knowledge of a wide variety of techniques aimed at helping people undergo changes in their working lives.
This syllabus is based on the 2nd edition of Making Sense of Change Management text by Esther Cameron and Mike Green, and supplementary text from the same authors and the People Alchemy, Alchemy for Managers website.
What is Change Management Training?
Every organisation is experiencing change. Organisations are looking for individuals who are able to identify the effects of change within their business environment so there is less of an impact on the business and its individuals either in a public sector or corporate sector.
The Change Management training course is accredited by APMG Group and certified by the Cabinet Office.
The Change Management Foundation & Practitioner course will enable you to display a sound understanding of Change Management and keep ahead of the competition.
This course is suitable for business managers, change managers, those involved in change teams, project and programme managers wishing to extend their knowledge in this area.
- You are (or will soon be) responsible for managing some aspect of organisational change (as, for instance a change agent, manager, consultant, programme / project manager) and need to know change management might be approached within your organisation
- You wish to pass the Foundation and Practitioner examinations
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define what change means in a work environment and examine its impact on individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole
- Describe the impact of change on individual and team productivity, including an overview of the learning cycle, learning styles and personality types
- Explore team dynamics, the criteria for effective teams and the effect change initiatives can have on team productivity
- Analyse how different organisation types are affected by change
- Consider various models of organisational change and state how best to apply them to a project scenario
- Investigate the role of the leader, how to manage resistance to change
- Specify how to apply change management approaches and techniques to the management of change within your organisation
- Undertake the Foundation and Practitioner examinations
The Foundation exam is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner. There are no pre-requisites for the Foundation course, however, delegates should have an understanding of the purpose of change management. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with the Making Sense of Change Management manual which is provided in advance of the course.
- Allow at least 8-10 hours to prepare for the course
- Expect about 2 hours of homework every evening
Change Management Foundation Objectives
The Foundation course aims to measure whether a candidate could act as an informed member of a change management team during a period of change within part or all of their organisation.
The four subjects covered are:
- Individual change
- Team changes
- Organisational change
- Leading change
Change Management Practitioner Objectives
The practitioner's qualification is aimed at change managers and aspiring change managers who must demonstrate an understanding of the principles and theory contained in the text supported by practical application and a good general level of understanding.
The exam is based on a scenario and requires delegates to tailor, adapt and apply the various techniques to a case study. The Foundation exam is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner. There are no pre-requisites for the Foundation course, however, delegates should have an understanding of the purpose of change management.