The level 3 certificate is a modular qualification achieved by attending two management training courses and completing two written assignments.
To book this course or for more information, please give us a call on 0345 071 2801.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management and Leadership is a modular qualification, designed for supervisors and first line managers who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
On completion of this certificate, you will understand:
- How organisations operate
- The management role
- The application of management and leadership approaches
- The knowledge, skills and behaviours to be an effective manager
- The role and purpose of teams
You will also be able to:
- Recognise the characteristics of a high-performing team
- Know how to lead, communicate with and motivate a high-performing team
- Know how to respond to challenges when managing a team proactively
- Know how to manage the performance of a team
The content and support materials of our courses 'Team Management and Leaderships Skills' and 'Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership' have been fully accredited by the CMI. They have also been mapped to the following units that make up the CMI level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management and Leadership, Foundations for Excellence (unit 301) and Managing a Team to Achieve Results (unit 302).
To gain the level 3 certificate you will need to attend our 'Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership' as well as 'Team Management and Leadership Skills’ courses, study the support materials and successfully complete and submit two written assignments, of 2,000 to 2,500 words each.
This is a flexible programme which gives you the opportunity to attend the management training courses in the order of your choice and submit the assignments in your own time. You will need to complete the programme within 18 months of starting it.
find out more
For more information on this course please refer to the individual course information:
- Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership
- CMI Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership Option 1
- Team Management and Leadership Skills
- CMI Level 3 Award in Principles of Management and Leadership Option 2
For further details on the Chartered Management Institute please visit www.managers.org.uk.
If you have recently gained a CMI level 3 award, it may be possible to upgrade your qualification to a level 3 certificate in Principles of Management and Leadership using the recognition of your prior learning. Please contact us on 0345 071 2801 for more information.