Attending our Team Management and Leadership Skills course provides you with the opportunity to gain one of the UK's most prestigious awards for managers.
For an additional £269 you can opt to take a post-course assessment to gain a CMI level 5 Award in Management and Leadership. Option 2, Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success, focuses on managing people on a day-to-day basis and the essential management and leadership skills required to fulfil this challenging but rewarding role.
The CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership is a concise qualification, designed for middle managers who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
The CMI unit 502 opens by focusing on the theoretical and practical approaches to developing, leading and managing teams (remote or multi-disciplinary).
On successful completion of the unit, you will:
- Know the principles of managing individuals and teams
- Be able to use techniques to assess current and future team capabilities, including the role of recruitment, selection and staff development which supports this
- Understand approaches for supporting, motivating and inspiring teams and individuals to exceed expectations
The content of our Team Management and Leadership Skills course and support material has been fully accredited by the CMI and mapped to unit 502 which makes up the CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership – Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success.
To gain the award delegates simply need to attend the course, study the online support materials and successfully complete and submit a post-course assessment.
Having successfully completed our Team Management and Leadership Skills course, you will be given an assignment which you will need to complete and return to Hemsley Fraser for assessment.
You will complete the assignment remotely, however you will be able to receive up to an hour of email or phone support from a Hemsley Fraser trainer should you require it.
The assessment will be based both on the knowledge gained through course and study and linking of this to practice in the workplace. The length of the assignment will be 3,500 to 4,000 words broken into a number of questions. You will have six weeks in which to complete and submit the assignment.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the optional qualification is £269. This cost is in addition to the course cost of Team Management and Leadership Skills. The qualification cannot be attained without first attending the course.
What will I receive?
- CMI Induction pack
- Access to ManagementDirect - a 24/7 online learning resource
- Post-course email or phone support
- Free membership of the CMI, offering online access to news and research, career support, access to over 300 branch and network events per year and free subscription to 'The Professional Manager' magazine.
Find out more