Available only as a tailored in-house programme, this is a fully integrated and highly challenging middle management learning solution, leading to an internationally recognised qualification.
Widely recognised as the UK’s leading professional qualification for middle managers, this fully flexible modular diploma can be completed over 12 months and provides candidates with a thorough grounding in advanced management theory and best practice.
You will also receive the added benefits of CMI student membership, including access to their comprehensive online learning resources, invitations to key events, discounted books and their award-winning magazine. This diploma is a benchmark qualification for full CMI membership which will take you one step closer to the status of a Chartered Manager.
This programme is designed for practising or aspiring managers and leaders who are typically accountable to a senior manager or business owner. It is also suitable for senior managers who want to consolidate their skills and experience by achieving the diploma. Anybody considering this qualification should be prepared to complete written work-based assignments for each of the eight units contained in this programme.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of leadership and lead a team
- Deliver operational plans and manage change
- Manage projects and finances
- Know how to apply reflective practice to inform personal and professional development.
Participants will be required to complete a series of short, focused pre-work activities and questionnaires specific to each module, in addition to the post-module written assignments.
The course is structured into five two-day modules, self-study and written assigments. The modules include eight distinct CMI units covering the key competencies and skills required of today's manager. For organisations requiring a number of delegates to be trained, we offer a fully flexible approach to the delivery of these units. For further information please call us on 0345 071 2806.
typical modules include
- Leading self and the fundamentals of leadership
- Leading teams
- Managing change and making it happen
- Project management
- Finance for non-financial managers
Principles of Operational Leadership and Management in an Organisational Context (unit 501)
- Understand factors which impact on an organisation’s internal environment
- Understand the application of management and leadership theories
- Understand the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be effective in a management and leadership role
Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success (unit 502)
- Understand approaches to developing, managing and leading teams
- Understand approaches to achieving a balance of skills and experience in teams
- Know techniques for leading individuals and teams to achieve success
Managing Stakeholder Relationships (unit 509)
- Understand the different types and value of stakeholder relationships
- Understand the frameworks for stakeholder management
- Know how to manage stakeholder relationships
- Know methods for measuring the impact of stakeholder engagement on organisational performance
Managing Projects to Achieve Results (unit 513)
- Understand the role of projects in delivering organisational strategy
- Understand processes for initiating, planning and managing projects
- Understand the factors which contribute to effective project management
Managing Change (unit 514)
- Understand the reasons for change in organisations
- Understand approaches to change management
- Understand how to initiate, plan and manage change in an organisation
Creating and Delivering Operational Plans (unit 515)
- Understand the principles of operational planning in an organisation
- Know how to create an operational plan in line with organisational objectives
- Know how to manage and lead the delivery of an operational plan
- Know how to monitor and measure the outcome of operational planning
Managing Finance (unit 520)
- Understand finance within organisations
- Know how to set and manage budgets
Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development (unit 525)
- Understand the value of reflective practice to inform personal and professional development
- Know how to apply reflective practice to inform personal and professional development