The difference with this course is that we use actors to help facilitate the learning process. You get to practise the skills in a real interactive situation, but in a safe environment.
Coaching and feedback are critical skills in today's work environment. This programme will help you gain the skills needed to drive business performance. You will learn how to converse effectively with people to motivate them to perform and ultimately what it takes to be a great coach.
The course is for team leaders, supervisors and managers who would like to learn or improve their coaching skills and may have to give feedback in the future.
By the end of this programme you will understand:
- How a coaching approach can benefit other people and the business
- How a coaching approach can drive performance
- What coaching is and is not (e.g. the differences between coaching, mentoring, counselling and training)
- The characteristics of an effective coach
- How individuals are motivated to perform
- Use core models to support and improve performance conversations (e.g. GROW & AID) in everyday situations
- Adapt and tailor your communication styles to connect better with others
- 'Facilitate' coaching conversations that help people commit to action
- Give and receive feedback in a way that benefits you, the individual and organisation
- Use a range of questioning, listening and coaching techniques to build confidence and motivation in others
- Unlock ‘stuck’ or negative thinking or a lack of motivation.