On this one-day workshop you will learn the latest essential skills and techniques required to work as an inspirational coach.
In today's rapidly changing business climate, coaching is an essential management skill. Managers need to use a variety of coaching skills and approaches to work effectively with individuals and teams to deliver business results. Throughout the day, you will take part in practice sessions and receive feedback from the trainer to evaluate your coaching style's impact on others.
Coaching is one of the most effective tools for personal and team development. If you lead, manage or supervise others and are responsible for their development in the workplace, this course will help you unlock their potential.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the coach as a developer of others.
- Make use of coaching models to structure and make your coaching conversations more effective.
- Understand and practise the skills and ethics involved with being a good coach.
- Use a variety of coaching styles to adapt your coaching to any situation.
- Use day-to-day work activities as an opportunity to coach and raise standards.
- Inspire your learner by agreeing motivational coaching outcomes.
- Learn how to conduct coaching sessions as well as coaching conversations.
- Learn how to assess your effectiveness as a coach.
What is Coaching?
- What is coaching and how is it an effective tool?
- What is the role of the coach and how does this differ from other business roles such as mentoring or advising?
- How can coaching unlock an individual's potential?
The Coaching Session
- Understanding the skills and ethics of an effective coach
- Building rapport to gain more trust and openness in your coaching conversations
- Understanding different question types and how asking a bigger question can get you a bigger answer
- How to listen more effectively – both to the words and the non-verbal language
- Setting up the coaching session and agreeing the coaching contract
- Using a coaching model to provide structure and planning of your coaching session
Practising Your Coaching Skills
- Being a coachee as well as a coach
- Practising your coaching skills and getting feedback from peers
- Observing and giving feedback on other coaches
- Seeing different coaching styles
- Learning what to do with different blocks or barriers in a coaching session
How to Continue Your Development as a Coach
- Identify your personal coaching strengths and improve them further
- Understanding your coaching development areas
- Prepare a personal action plan of how to increase your coaching practice