This course looks at a structured set of techniques, strategies and tips to make those tricky conversations less daunting and more productive. It covers how to prepare yourself in advance of the conversation, as well as specific techniques of building rapport, active listening, using positive language and managing emotional reactions. You will have the opportunity to practise these skills, using a four-stage structure to lead the conversation to a positive conclusion.
This course is suitable for anyone who is facing a difficult conversation and would like to develop the knowledge and skills to tackle it confidently and effectively.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Establish the most commonly encountered challenging conversations and what makes them challenging
- Describe what to do if things go badly during a challenging conversation
- Explain what preparation is needed ahead of a challenging conversation taking place
- Describe what an effective challenging conversation looks like, and how to achieve a successful outcome
- Confidently conduct a challenging conversation, following a four-stage structure