Use a variety of techniques to organise and conduct effective and interactive meetings (by phone or face-to-face) to gain time and increase productivity.
This course is suitable for individuals who are required to run, conduct and lead any kind of meeting and who wish to achieve success.
By the end of this practical one-day course, you will be able to:
- Structure and conduct meetings to achieve objectives and avoid wasting time.
- Identify, understand and apply the PPCM approach.
- Encourage contributions from all participants.
- Develop communication skills and efficiently conduct professional meetings.
- Deal with difficult situations or members.
- Overcome the difficulties caused by technology in meetings.
Efficient Meeting Preparation
- Identifying the different types of meetings
- Isolating the common problems and difficulties that occur in meetings
- Structuring the various phases of the meeting
- Identifying clearly the role and responsibilities of the chairperson
- Adopting the appropriate tone and structure
Lead Effective Meetings with the PPCM Approach
- Pertinence: what the purpose is, other possibilities of meeting people
- Preparation: clarifying and communicating the agenda, topics, duration, commitments, logistics
- Conduct: the techniques to lead and involve the team in the meeting
- Measure: who should draw up the minutes of the meeting
Conduct a Meeting Effectively
- Using various techniques to make people interact with each other
- Dealing with problematic attendees
- Controlling flow and time
- Encouraging participation from all attendees
Technology in Meetings
- Points to consider for a successful virtual meeting
- Personalised feedback and input on how to make your virtual meetings work
Develop Communications Skills
- Questioning and listening techniques
- Identifying the key message and the needs of the audience
- Developing your personality to build rapport more easily and successfully
- Practising persuasion techniques to feel more confident in dealing with others
- Handling misunderstandings
- Maintaining assertiveness
Give Constructive Feedback
- Pursuing effective reviews
- Mastering summarising techniques