By attending this workshop, participants will develop the skills and knowledge to understand the cultures in which they are operating in the workplace.
The workshop explores how cultural diversity operates within an organisation – how it is perceived, develops and manifests itself. Participants will assess the benefits of embracing cultural diversity and look at ways to encourage implementation in the workplace.
This workshop is designed for anyone wishing to gain a deeper understanding of how cultural diversity works, the impact it has on an organisation and practical ways of implementing it in the workplace.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Consider the impact of cultural diversity in your day to day work.
- Explain the meaning of diversity and how to work effectively with diversity in the workplace.
- Explore how the environment in which we live shapes our personal beliefs, values and preferences and affects our attitude and responses to diversity.
- Identify the link between cultural diversity, business strategy and organisational success.
- Apply tools and techniques to support implementation of cultural diversity in the workplace.
Cultural Awareness and Diversity in Context
- Defining diversity – the importance of difference in the workplace
- Understanding preconceptions – how do they influence our interactions?
- What is cultural awareness and how does it work with diversity?
- Making the links to your role
- The links between values, attitudes and culture
- Development of the ’cultural layers’
- What’s your culture – how would others define you? How would you define yourself?
The Culture Paradigm
- Recognising how different cultures are manifest within an organisation
- Identifying how cultures and subcultures are embedded within your organisation – are they desired cultures and how do they fit with the business strategy?
Implementing Cultural Diversity in the Workplace
- How to promote an inclusive working environment
- Tools and techniques for challenging inappropriate and non aligned behaviour