This one-day workshop focuses on the latest thinking on how to deliver a differentiated customer experience via email and on the telephone. Being aware of the do’s and don’ts makes a difference in developing long-term customer loyalty.
The workshop will provide you with a unique collection of prompt cards offering 'top tips' and will equip you with the skills to manage your customer service interaction in the most up-to-date and effective way.
This course is suitable for anyone working in a customer service capacity that wishes to focus on their emails and use of social media.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the specific skills, mind-set and behaviours required to deliver excellent service via the telephone, e-mail and social media.
- Use a template of best practice for telephone and on-line communication which projects and supports the brand image of their organisation.
- Respond to customers in a timely way by making the right choice of communication tool.
- Use effective questioning techniques in written communication to establish the root cause of customer issues and problems.
- Assertively manage customer expectations.
- Handle customer dissatisfaction with confidence.
- Construct an action plan for use when back in the workplace.
To gain the maximum benefit from the workshop, you will be asked to print off and bring with you two specific types of emails, one which you think is very good and one which you know could have been better. These will be used on the day as part of the workshop activities to examine and develop best practice templates for future use.
What is Excellence?
- Skills, knowledge, attitude, behaviours of excellence
- Checklists of excellence
- Importance of branding and how to ensure we deliver what our brand promises
Challenges of managing customers in the Modern Day
- Customer Service Tips
- Self & organisational analysis in relation to the tips
- Changes to Customer Service provision and expectation
Tips to Improving the Organisational Offering
- Benefits of managing customer expectations
- How to negotiate to reach “win/win” outcomes – telephone, email and social media
- A three step verbal structure to demonstrate assertive communication on the telephone and in writing
- Practice sessions telephone and email
Handling Customer Dissatisfaction Effectively
- Benefits of handling dissatisfaction well – customer research
- How to respond positively – not react negatively (telephone)
- How to plan the conversation – email and social media
- How to construct the conversation – telephone, email and social media
- Practice session using email and social media posts