With practical tips, and real life examples, this course provides a step-by-step approach to devise, implement and evaluate a successful business plan.
This intensive one-day course prepares managers for developing highly effective business plans with confidence and covers aspects of business analysis, development and communication needed to set the direction and deliver key organisational objectives in line with existing strategy.
Suitable for managers with responsibility for developing business plans in their organisation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the key steps in the planning process.
- Devise, implement and evaluate a successful business plan.
- Develop key indicators to track progress.
- Decide how and when to review and revise the business plan.
The Planning Process
- The key elements of the planning process
- Who should be involved in planning?
- The role and expectations of stakeholders
- Strategic appraisals
- Gap analysis - measuring the strategic need
- Developing future strategies
- Planning activities, projects and identifying priorities
- Resource needs to implement the strategy
Financial Plans and Budgets
- The role of budgets, targets and financial analysis
- Understanding the risks inherent in your plans
Communicating and Implementing the Plan
- The importance of communicating the plan
- The various audiences for the plan - understanding their needs
- Unit and department plans - what should you include?
- Responsibilities and personal objectives for implementation
Reviewing and Revising the Plan
- Monitoring implementation and progress
- When and how to revise the plan
- Developing your skills and competencies in business planning
- Personal action plan