In most business situations, being perceived as credible, confident and influential is vital for success. This course will help you to find your voice and develop a compelling presence, by articulating and demonstrating your value proposition as a leader.
You will start from the inside, using techniques from positive psychology to work on your self-confidence and develop an optimistic mindset. You will also define how you want others to perceive you, by articulating a memorable and consistent personal brand and using this as your baseline for the rest of the course.
We will then focus on your external presence: how to quickly build rapport, make an emotional connection, and inspire and influence your stakeholders. You will practise using your physical presence and vocal expressiveness to speak in front of groups with greater gravitas and charisma, and will learn how to weave stories into your communication to maximise the impact of your message.
This course is suitable for anyone looking to develop greater personal presence and credibility in order to be perceived more positively by internal and external stakeholders.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Articulate your value proposition as a leader
- Express practical ways of controlling the image you choose to project
- Focus on your personal strengths, rather than your perceived weaknesses
- Convey a confident and positive presence through your nonverbal communication
- Apply influencing techniques to maximise your impact and credibility
- Incorporate relevant stories to make your communication more powerful
- Speak to groups with greater confidence and charisma
- Techniques to boost your self-confidence
- Developing a positive mindset and eliminating negative self-talk
- Positive psychology – evaluating and maximising your strengths
- Developing a strong and consistent image through your personal brand
- Evaluate your credibility and identify actions to become more credible
- Applying the six universal truths of influencing to your stakeholder relationships
- Building rapport and making an emotional connection with others
- Harnessing the power of the voice and unlocking vocal expressiveness
- Speaking with energy and passion, using words that inspire
- Using performance techniques to command a stage and own the space you are in
- Using business storytelling to enhance your communication and inspire action