This workshop will enable you to think differently about your day-to-day interactions, assess your own style and identify ways to develop new and highly effective approaches to build and manage more productive relationships. It will introduce you to the business benefits of understanding your own and others' Emotional Intelligence and using it to your advantage.
This workshop is designed to help you develop your self-awareness of how you come across to others. You will be challenged to be open and honest both in receiving feedback on others’ perception of you, and also in giving feedback to other members of the group. It will help you to project the image and impression you want to create in the workplace.
If you’re looking to improve your interpersonal relationships and reflect on what you are currently achieving compared to what you want to achieve, this workshop will give you the environment, support and guidance to create your personal strategy for improvement.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Analyse your perception of yourself and how that correlates with that portrayed to others.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in interpersonal relationships and gain tips and techniques on how to build and develop them.
- Recognise different social styles in practice and how they affect the communication process.
- Understand why and how conflict arises and how to deal with it effectively.
- Recognise the impact of your response on the impression you have on others.
- Develop a strategy so you can personally apply the skills and techniques to your own situations, through peer coaching activities.
Building Your Brand
- Understanding how your self-perception corresponds to your image portrayed to others
- Developing a strategy to use positive behaviours to control your image
- How to improve your self-awareness
- Strategies to increase your mutual understanding in relationships in order to build trust
- Having confidence in giving and receiving behaviourally based feedback
Understanding and Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
- Background to Emotional Intelligence (EI) and its uses in the workplace
- Understanding EI as a set of skill competencies that can be improved
- Strategies to build on the 5 core competencies of EI
- Highlighting your key negative emotions and how to regulate them
- Understanding the impact you have on others and showing empathy
Understanding Behavioural Types
- The dynamics of interpersonal relationships
- The essence of assertiveness and its value for you personally and in the workplace
- Avoiding reciprocation of non-assertive behaviours
- Understanding passive aggression as a growing behaviour in the workplace
- Adopting appropriate body language and voice tone to be consistent with the message you intend
Moving to Assertiveness
- Understanding the drivers to non-assertive behaviours
- Being assertive with yourself – identifying your inner dialogue
- Seven steps to improve your communication and personal impact
- A strategy to break your behavioural habits
Managing Your Relationships Through Flexing Your Behaviour
- Understanding the concept of a perceptual position
- What are the different social styles and which is your comfort zone?
- How do you display this preference and how does that affect your communication with others?
- How to develop flexibility between the styles to build more effective relationships with all styles
Understanding Conflict and Resolving Issues Effectively
- How to deal successfully with negative behaviour
- Understanding the need for conflict and how to move towards constructive conflict
- Identifying your personal strategy for handling conflict
- Understanding how to use more positive strategies to resolve conflict
- Why we think we’re right, even when we’re wrong