This 90-minute virtual session will help you to fully appreciate the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to take practical steps to develop greater awareness and understanding. You will learn what diversity and inclusion mean, and why it is so important to get it right in these areas. You will leave with a clear action plan for becoming an advocate for diversity and inclusion in your organisation.
This short session is suitable for every employee, regardless of their role, responsibilities or status in an organisation.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Define the terms ‘diversity’ and ’inclusion’
- Explain the legal framework surrounding diversity
- State the business case for a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Recognise the prevalence and impact of bias at work
- Take steps to overcome your own unconscious biases
- Recognise and challenge inappropriate behaviour