Capture ‘lost hours’ with this practical and insightful one-day course.
This highly practical course helps you develop the self-management and time management techniques to increase your effectiveness. Emphasis is also placed on the importance of developing effective systems and procedures to support your own and your manager’s or team’s daily activities.
Suitable for secretaries, personal assistants, administrators and reception staff who are looking to improve their time management and organisational skills in order to manage their own workload effectively and enhance their performance.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Plan and prioritise your workload confidently.
- Implement new systems to eliminate time wastage and enhance your own performance.
- Deal effectively with emails, paperwork, telephone queries and interruptions.
- Plan to meet key deadlines which determine your success and that of your manager or team.
Time Management Within Your Role
- The common problems
- Time management - how it can enhance your performance
- Work/life balance
When There Aren’t Enough Hours in the Day
- Looking at how you spend your time
- Identifying the activities that steal your time and how to deal with them effectively
Planning, Prioritising and Effective Time Management
- Planning ahead versus fire fighting
- Being proactive not reactive
- Important versus urgent tasks
- Handling paper and electronic information
- Telephone and email techniques to save you time
- Systems and procedures
Practical Tools for Organising and Coordinating
- Diaries and planning tools
- Managing daily, weekly and monthly tasks
Effective Communication Under Pressure
- The importance of good communication
- How to deal with interruptions
- Managing your manager’s and team's expectations of your workload
- How to say "no"
- Identifying your working style
- Formulating a personal action plan