This course will help you to really understand what emotional intelligence (EQ) is and why it is such an important skill in the workplace. You will explore the four pillars of EQ and some of the key skills that support them; including recognising and managing your own emotions, changing your instinctive response to an event, demonstrating empathy and building rapport through effective verbal and non-verbal communication.
This session is suitable for anyone who would like to develop their understanding of emotional intelligence (EQ) to help manage emotions, increase self-awareness and build stronger relationships.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- State the meaning and origin of Emotional Intelligence
- Evaluate the values and beliefs that trigger an emotional response
- Apply techniques to positively manage emotional responses
- Draw on personal motivations to improve your drive and commitment
- Identify and challenge your self-limiting beliefs
- Interpret other peoples’ emotions
- Use communication skills to demonstrate empathy
- Identify the different social styles and the impact they have on relationship building