This 90-minute virtual session will help you to really understand what emotional intelligence (EQ) is and why it is such an important skill in the workplace. You will explore the four pillars of EQ and some of the key skills that support them; including recognising and managing your own emotions, changing your instinctive response to an event, demonstrating empathy and building rapport with others.
This short session is suitable for anyone who would like to develop their understanding of emotional intelligence (EQ) to help manage emotions, increase self-awareness and build stronger relationships.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- State the benefits of high emotional intelligence to individuals and organisations
- Explain the impact of emotions on self, others and workplace performance
- Apply techniques to positively manage emotional responses
- Recognise emotions as you experience them
- Use verbal and non-verbal communication skills to demonstrate empathy
- Describe how increasing emotional intelligence can build stronger relationships