In today’s fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment, coaching is becoming even more essential as a management tool. The more we can develop and encourage our people the more valuable they will become - they will achieve outcomes, solve problems creatively and embrace change. Coaching is one of the most effective ways of doing this as it puts the emphasis on the people and leads to quick results.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is the study of human excellence, and is of particular relevance in the context of coaching. This highly interactive two-day course will focus on the practical application of some NLP tools and techniques that participants can easily use to enhance their existing coaching knowledge and skills.
Throughout the two days there will be plenty of opportunities to put the content into practice.
This course is suitable for anyone who has some experience of coaching. It will enable participants to develop their skills to help them work even more effectively with individuals and teams to facilitate lasting results.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the four foundation stones of NLP and how their application will enhance your existing coaching skills
- Use a modern coaching framework to structure coaching sessions
- Set motivational outcomes which are right for the individual or the team
- Use powerful questioning techniques to uncover and work with the deep structure of our communication
- Detect limiting beliefs and barriers to progress and find out how easy they are to overcome
- Apply a number of core NLP tools and techniques to facilitate each stage of the coaching framework
Understanding NLP – 'the Science of Human Excellence'
- Learn what NLP is and how the tools and techniques can be employed
- Understand the foundation stones of NLP and the four core skills and how they can be applied in the context of coaching
The Coaching Framework
- The role of the coach
- The skills and qualities required for effective high-performance coaching
- The coaching framework
Create the Habit of Outcome-Focused Thinking
- Develop the habit of outcome thinking for dynamic results
- Beyond SMART – facilitating well-formed outcomes
Using Powerful Language
- Presuppositions of language – exploring the deep structure of our communication
- Reframing and questioning to challenge limiting beliefs
- How to identify and match unconscious preferences
NLP Coaching Tools and Techniques
A number of tools and techniques to enable coaches to:
- Analyse the current situation and identify the important factors
- Identify and utilise different perspectives
- Facilitate planning using timelines
- Enable lasting change by aligning internal levels of thinking
- Help others to move on from stuck states and old unhelpful patterns of behaviour
- Overcome any blocks or barriers to progress
Problem Solving Made Easy
- Use a problem solving model in a number of situations
- Formulating an action plan for your personal development