This interactive and highly practical workshop will help you and your team understand and appreciate communication styles, working preferences, personal motivations and the strengths and weaknesses of your team.
With a truly high-performing team, the output of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. All too often these days teams can be little more than single-leader groups. This can be due to a number of factors such as time pressure and the working environment. Good communication, leadership, interpersonal relationships and mutual understanding are some of the foundation stones of effective teams.
The first part of the day is based around SDI (Strength Deployment Inventory ®) which is a powerful self-assessment tool for developing more productive cultures and more collaborative teams.
We will then move on to consider the factors which affect career success in terms of personal development, and to explore how team members can help and support each other to achieve success – not just as a team, but also as individuals.
This workshop is suitable for any team – new or existing – who that would benefit from taking some time out to explore how to work together even more effectively to improve performance at a number of levels. It would be especially beneficial for teams in challenging environments, those experiencing increasing workloads, new project teams or those going through any form of organisational change.
This workshop can be tailored to suit the specific requirements of individual teams.
By the end of this workshop team members will be able to:
- Understand each other and respect each other’s strengths and differences
- Appreciate their own motivators and communication style and how this could impact on others
- Communicate more effectively with each other
- Understand how their own behaviour and that of other team members shifts when under pressure, and how best to manage this
- Appreciate the factors which affect team and individual success, and the importance of image and exposure
- Be clear about the image you would like to project and how you plan to do this
- Understand what you can do to increase your exposure to the right people
- Appreciate how you can develop your network for career development, support and challenge
- Leave with an action plan of the practical steps they will take towards their career goals
Strength Deployment Inventory ®:
- Self-assessment tool – what drives our behaviour?
- How do we each like to communicate and be communicated with?
- How could we be perceived by others?
- How to develop more effective working relationships across the team
- What are the team’s existing strengths and areas for consideration?
- What happens when we are under pressure and what can other team members do to help?
Projecting the right image:
- The importance of image and exposure
- How to project a consistent image which is right for the individual and the team
- Tools and tips for raising the profile of the individual and the team
Developing your Network:
- Managing and maintaining professional networks
- What will we do differently going forward?