This two-day course has been designed to enable administrators to enhance their personal effectiveness and working practices, build stronger relationships and broaden their contribution to the team.
Administrators will be most effective when they build strong relationships with the team, colleagues and customers. They must make positive, confident contributions and achieve excellence in the service they provide. You will leave the course with a useful toolkit to help with your business writing.
Suitable for those who want an intensive introduction to effective administration and who are looking to increase their skills and contribution.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the objectives of your role.
- Appreciate your strengths and areas for development essential to your success.
- Plan and prioritise your workload using systems and procedures.
- Enhance your contribution as a team member.
- Develop effective interpersonal skills.
- Interact assertively with others.
- Prepare and write accurate and clear text.
- Enhance your credibility with your manager.
This course requires the completion of a pre-course questionnaire in order that we can ensure that the course focuses on your key issues and needs, and those of your manager. We will request that you also complete a learning styles questionnaire so that the trainer can adapt their approach to your style.
- What makes an effective administrator
- How to meet the needs of your internal and external customers
Impressive Organisational Skills - Making the Most of your Technology
- Working to clear goals
- Completing priorities every day, using some great planning tools
- Effective ways of managing email
- Controlling time wasters and interruptions
- Reviewing your current systems and procedures
Effective Communication Skills
- Overcoming barriers to effective communication
- Communicating with confidence
- Listening well and questioning skills
- Being assertive - saying "no" constructively
- Persuading and influencing others
- Getting the best from difficult people
- The key to effective written communication
Enhanced Interpersonal and Team Working Skills
- Identifying your interpersonal skills style
- Relating to colleagues and customers
- Recognise the strengths of other team members
- Maximising your contribution to the team
- Solving problems and making effective decisions
- Encouraging your manager to delegate more
- Formulating a personal action plan